Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding Multiple Companies and Divisions

Copper Contributor

Adding Multiple Companies and Divisions

I am cleaning up the ACT DBase that got handed to me....it currently has 11,000 Contacts....When pressing the 'Contact List' button -- All the contacts (with no company) and companies are listed together..... Is this the appropriate way of using ACT... or should I divide the data base into: Contacts (with no company) and Companies ???

Or am I just better off creating a dynamic group for each...? and leaving the DBase as is...

1. The Companies - dont come up by pressing the "Company" button...I have added some manually - but there are just too many to continue this way --- Is there a way to put mass quantities of Companies under the company button 

2. After I have the Companies listed under the company button, I would like to take all the company branches and list them under the approriate company ---- Is there a 'mass' way to do this ( I know that I can add quantities of contacts to the company by filtering criteria) but that does not get them placed as a division....

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Adding Multiple Companies and Divisions

Copper Contributor

Thanks Mike --

I will look at that website - I am still amazed that I cant simply select one option that makes all contacts that have a company field filled in --- a Company -- I have to do them all manually ???

Platinum Elite Contributor

You can fill in the company field, but not link them...

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.