Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add-on recommendation?

Copper Contributor

Add-on recommendation?

Hello,

Act 2010 Premium Dual Access shared from a Win2k3 server, 10 clients.  I am looking for an add-in recommendation.  We ship a quarterly magazine.  When a customer comes on board with us, we do a ramp-up over four issues.  For instance issue one may have 100 copies, issue 2 have 300, issue 3 have 450 and issue 5 have 500 copies.  Thereafter, they typically stay at that final level.

Ultimately, I need to be able to answer the question, 'how many magazine will company xyz get shipped this period' 

My thought is that I could create a dropdown that contained: "issue 1, issue 2, issue 3, issue 4, recurring"

Each of these fields would need to be able to have a quantity assigned to it that would vary per company.

The selection of one one dropdown choice would then populate the "how many copies to send" field with the quantity from the associated dropdown .  This would allow for an easy lookup to answer the question '"how many magazine will company xyz get shipped this period"

What process and addon would you recommend?  (Please let me know if you see a better way to answer my goal-question)

How does licensing work for this add-on?

thanks for your thoughts 

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Add-on recommendation?

Joe -

There are a few ideas that popped up, but the one that I keep coming back to is AutoFill Fields by Exponenciel.  Check out the link, they can explain it better than I can, but basically you will have a few data fields - your "issue" and "quantity" fields - which would trigger the calculation to run. 

Just as a note, there is also an add-on I use alot that performs calculations in Excel and populates fields back in ACT!  Somewhat similar to the above, but it also keeps an Excel file (if you want) with the data.  Feel free to email me if you need any more info, I use both for different purposes...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com