Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add new opportunity.... start entering data and all of the sudden it changes to a different opportunity.... for a different contact....

Copper Contributor

Add new opportunity.... start entering data and all of the sudden it changes to a different opportunity.... for a different contact....

I have an issue since upgrading from 2012 prem to 2014 prem

my database has 12k contacts and 16k opportunities....

All my opportunities have a field they are sorted by in listview.... Call in date

When creating a new opportunity the first field we enter is the date they called  (into... call in date)

as soon as you tab or enter out of the "call in date" field the opportunity flashes to a different record for a different contact

THIS WAS AN ISSUE WITH CONTACTS IN 2012 AND THEY FIXED IT

NOW IT DOES IT WITH OPPORTUNITIES

It appears to me that when entering a new record the sort order from listview is still being remembered as

data is being entered.... as soon as you hit that sort field (in my case, Call in date) ACT is moving the record away

to its location in the sort order....

Any ideas Why? What Happened?

Thanks so much

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Add new opportunity.... start entering data and all of the sudden it changes to a different opportunity.... for a different contact....

The first thing I would check is the tab order of the fields in design layouts. A possible cause is that the field is the highest number field in the tab order and that forces a move to the next record.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Re: Add new opportunity.... start entering data and all of the sudden it changes to a different opportunity.... for a different contact....

Its the first tab stop and there are 15 more after it....