Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add a new field in USER FIELDS of ACT Premium

HFA

Add a new field in USER FIELDS of ACT Premium

Using ACT Premium

Want to ad custom fields to the User Field Section that have drop down menus

I went to TOOLS then Design Layouts, then Contact.

Then I selected the Field box from the icons on the left and drag and added a new field.

Now the Select Field Pop UP menu appears and I wanted to select the New Field Button at the bottom right hand corner.

At this point in my previous version of ACT a new Define Field Pop Up menu wold appear allowing me various options for setting this up including the use of a drop-down list.

But in the current Premium Version now I get a message "Cannot utilize define filds on subscriber database"

How can I add new fields in the User Field section with drop menu capabilites?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Add a new field in USER FIELDS of ACT Premium

You have synchronization setup and you are at the subscriber database, not the master database and what you're trying to do can only be done on the master database. The changes with then sync to the remote (subscriber) database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
HFA

You have synchronization setup and you are at the subscriber database, not the master database and what you're trying to do can only be done on the master database. The changes with then sync to the remote (subscriber) database.

We are new to ACT and I thought the masterdatabase was/is the one that is not online.

I believe we are on the masterdatabse because this is the one that does the synchronization.

I'm confused

Nickel Super Contributor

A quick way to check whether you're on a master or remote is go to the Tools menu, then Synchronize Database, and look for "Synchronize Now".  If it's enabled, you're on a remote and if it is disabled, you're on a master (or on a database where synchronization hasn't been enabled)

There are two steps to making use of custom fields in ACT!

1) Create the fields (via the method you outlined or else via Define Fields)

2) Place them on your Layout (via the Layout Editor)

You can always go to Tools, Define fields and create your fields there first and then go to the Layout Editor (Tools, Design Layouts) after you've created your fields.

Cheers,

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training
HFA

There are two steps to making use of custom fields in ACT!

1) Create the fields (via the method you outlined or else via Define Fields)

2) Place them on your Layout (via the Layout Editor)

You can always go to Tools, Define fields and create your fields there first and then go to the Layout Editor (Tools, Design Layouts) after you've created your fields.

Cheers,

Len