Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add/Remove groups very very slow

Add/Remove groups very very slow

We upgraded to the latest ACT V17 HF1.

It all looks good and runs well except when clicking on the Add/Remove Groups button in Contacts -> Group/Companies tab. It takes very long time 10-15 seconds to open the dialog box.

We use this feature very very often and it is very crippling to have to wait this long, currently in the database we have got 368 groups with 140 subgroups. 

I have analysed SQL server performance, network traffic performance and it is all looks good. I have noticed the CPU usage on the local computers when you click on the Add/Remove Groups button goes very high > 70% till the dialog shows up after that it goes back to <5%.  On faster computers (i5) it takes around 11 seconds but on slower ones it takes 15 seconds or more. Looks like the operation is local and very CPU bound and I would think that it would be get slower as the number of groups increases.

Is there a fix for this issue?

ACT V17.0.151.0 Hot Fix 1

Various Win7/8  32/64bit OS clients

Database on the server

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Add/Remove groups very very slow

Have you run the maintenance routines on your database recently?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Hi Stan,

Thank you for you reply.

Yes I have done it, the maintenance routines are also scheduled to run every Friday.

Unfortunately still running very slow.

Regards,

Goran

Silver Super Contributor

I haven't heard anyone complaining about performance adding groups.  I wouldn't think that the number of groups in your database would cause a performance problem.  i'm not sure what the issue is.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!