Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add/Remove Contact -- Issue with Group Criteria

Tuned Listener

Add/Remove Contact -- Issue with Group Criteria

I have several lookups based on fied attributes. One of which is looking up a company name that "equals to" AND another field "equal to = false" (this is a yes/no) field. I have created several such look ups.

In one case, it is not working since it is selecting companies whose name is correct BUT where is yes/no field is NOT correct.

Any suggestions?

Bronze Contributor

Re: Add/Remove Contact -- Issue with Group Criteria

Maybe it woudl be easier to suggest a fix if you put in the query details as it is often the detail which help us suggest a fix.
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Tuned Listener

Ok -- here goes!

1 field is a yes/no

1 field is the company name.

The query is:

Company equals to "(I put the exact name as it appears in this field)" - this is a common

I created a custom yes/no field named named Opt In, operator is equal to, value is "false" -- this is set to false in the query.

It brings back a list - the majority os which is correct but also brings back contacts where the yes/no is set to "true". There are other contacts within this same company that are not returned but their value is true.

In other words, it is identifying the majority of right contacts but is also returning wrong ones.

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Super Contributor

You may need to put brackets around the company line allowing it to parse completely before running the second line
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA