Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add On Table IT and Opportunities

Add On Table IT and Opportunities

We need to add a table to keep up with details about Opportunity Bids.  However, the Add On "Table IT" says it defines relationships between contacts, companies, and groups.  Will it also define a relationship with an Opportunity?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Add On Table IT and Opportunities

Opportunities can already link to Contacts (contact field), companies and groups (Associate With field)

If you're looking for something different, what?

We are looking to link a field such as Bid# to the opportunity table.

We need a place (not a seperate database) to capture the Bid info.  The ability to add a table helps us do this.  Each bid has a unique bid# which will link to the Opportunity.

I wanted to find this out before we purchase the Table IT Add-on.

What sort of data in the Bid?

Maybe just use one of the User Fields in the Ops?

I've already created the Bid# in one of the user fields in the Opportunity.

It is that field (Bid# in the Opportunity table) that would need to link to the new table which would be the bid table to the field bid#.

The bid table has lots of other information about the details on the bid.  If we don't add the Bid table, we will be keeping information in 3 different places and that makes it much more difficult to pull meaningful reports.  The third place is our accounting system.

I need to know if you can create the link between the new field Bid# in the Opportunity table to the field Bid# in the new Bid table.  I ask because in the description of Table IT, it says it creates relationships between contacts, companies, and groups.  It leaves out Opportunities altogether.

Custom Tables can only be linked under Contacts, Companies or Groups in ACT!'s SDK

What sort of info are you wanting to store in a bid table that would like to a sales op?

We need the particulars of the bid.  This is needed by the salespeople on a daily basis.

This way when they are following up with their opportunities, they have the details of what was bid at their fingertips. 

Do you not have enough fields in the ops... or using the Details tab?

Maybe click on the Live Support link and ask if their soon to be released Opportunity Extended  IT will do it:

http://www.crmaddon.com/en/products/add-ons/opportunity-extended-it.html

If not, the only other choice would be to not use the ACT! Sales Ops and create it completely in Table IT

Thanks for the responses.  It gave me some good idea.

L