Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activities with Duration at 0 Minutes and Ring Alarm at 0 Minutes not Showing in Alarms Window

Highlighted

Activities with Duration at 0 Minutes and Ring Alarm at 0 Minutes not Showing in Alarms Window

[ Edited ]

We have 1 user with this software in our company who we are trying to assist. Since no one but him uses it daily, it's difficult to assist him as he's not technically savvy. 

Version: 21.1.187.0

Office: Office 365

Database: local

ISSUE:

There is a Alarms windows which he would like to view ALL of his scheduled activities for the day and would like them to stay there, until he manually clears the Activity. I have set Activity Preferences for all Activities to Ring Alarm = 0 MinutesDuration = 0 Minutes and Default to Timeless is checked. Activities for the day stay in the Alarms window for a while, then he'll come back to his system and all will have Ring Alarm reset to No Alarm.

How do we make it so all Activities stay in the Alarms window until he clears the Activity?

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Activities with Duration at 0 Minutes and Ring Alarm at 0 Minutes not Showing in Alarms Window

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but the day's scheduled activities are actually engaged with the F7 key.

There is a drop down that lets you select the time period.  

On a daily basis I would at least look at the past activities just in case they didn't roll over.  Finding none or dealing with those that are past due, then change the selection to today (not today and future).

Depending on how the user really wants to categorize the activities, using the priority element and color of the activity will make it easy to sort by category (high, medium, or low).  Unless I have an activity that actually has to be done at a specific time like a meeting, I always schedule activities to "Timeless".  Of course there is no alarm.

Hope this helps.  

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.0.205.0 Update 3
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Activities with Duration at 0 Minutes and Ring Alarm at 0 Minutes not Showing in Alarms Window

Just to add - If you have a timeless activity the alarm system will not work as there is no time to trigger the alarm.