Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activities scheduled with multiple users roll over if everyone does not clear.

Tuned Listener

Activities scheduled with multiple users roll over if everyone does not clear.

I have had several users come to me with this problem.  When an activity, say a meeting, is scheduled with multiple users in the office the activity will show back up the next day if every user does not clear it.  For example, the other day three users in the office had a meeting with a vendor.  One of the users contacted me the next day to show me that even though the meeting showed as being cleared on her calendar and in her history, ACT had still rolled over a copy of the activity.  This presumably happened because one of the other users forgot to clear it. 

Is there any way to keep this from happening, or is this a bug that Sage needs to fix?  No one remembers this happening before we made the switch to ACT! Premium 2012.

Thanks,

Kadon Hodson
Technology Officer
TCK - The Trust Company of Kansas
khodson@tckansas.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Activities scheduled with multiple users roll over if everyone does not clear.

Hello Kadon,
Thank you for posting this information. We will test this out and report back as to whether we can reproduce the issue. A couple of questions:
- Are your users syncing their ACT! calendars with Outlook or Google? Or both?
- Is the activity showing in the list of activities that will be rolled over? Do your users have the rollover option checked in their scheduling preferences?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Re: Activities scheduled with multiple users roll over if everyone does not clear.

A couple users are syncing with Google, but most are not syncing calendars at all. 

I am not sure if the activity is showing in the roll-over list. I honestly don't think most users even look at the list, they just hit the roll over button.  I will ask them to try to check.  I believe they do have the rollover option checked.  However, I have had one user change that setting, but I have not heard back from them to see if it made a difference.

Kadon Hodson
Technology Officer
TCK - The Trust Company of Kansas
khodson@tckansas.com