Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activities Roll-over

Copper Contributor

Activities Roll-over

Act! Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 4 (Windows 7) fails to roll-over activities if Act! is running at midnight. Scenario: Launch Act!, leave it running prior to midnight. After midnight (next morning), the Act! Roll Over Activities window appears (30 To-dos, 4 Calls), click [OK] to roll over activities - Act! is unresponsive. Repeated clicks on [OK] and/or [Cancel] has no effect. After a dozen or so clicks on [Cancel] the window closes, activities do not roll over. You must close Act! and re launch to roll over the activities.

An Act! user since ACT! for DOS 1.0 (1988)
Employee

Re: Activities Roll-over

[ Edited ]

Good morning,

In the first instance, please refer to the following kb article:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13633  

And ensure the preferences have been set correctly.  If this is already set, it may point to a corrupt activity in the database, or corrupt preferences.  Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks 

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Karl

This maybe a link to a restricted area of the Knowledge base

Employee

[ Edited ]

Hi ch1p,

Thanks for the update - it's definitely not an internal kb article.   

It is, however the third link that's done the same today - returned an error: 

Link is now fixed and working.

Thanks 

Copper Contributor

The Automatically Roll Over Activities preferences are set correctly (activities are in fact rolling over at midnight). Only the Calls and To-dos are set in preferences to Automatically Roll Over Activities. How do we go about determining the corrupt activity(ies) or preferences in the database?

This morning, I was presented with the issue after leaving Act! running overnight, i.e., the Roll Over Activities window appeared, which I acknowledged with a single click on [OK] - the window continues to display - follow by 10 clicks to [Cancel] - the window closed and the activities rolled over.

An Act! user since ACT! for DOS 1.0 (1988)
Employee

The following kb article details how to rebuild the Act Preferences:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770

If, after following these steps the issue persists, please make a note of the following

How many users in the database?
Are the activities associated with a single user or multiple?
Are any activities synced from google/outlook? (one way/two-way sync?)

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19247

A single user is required initially, but if there are multiple users in the database, these are added to the empty copy once it has been created (tools>manage users).

Import the existing database to the empty copy and any corrupt activities should flag up during the process.