Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activies/Histories/Notes/etc will not scroll in Contact Detail Tabs

Copper Contributor

Activies/Histories/Notes/etc will not scroll in Contact Detail Tabs

Version: Act v17.1 APFW

Browser: IE 11

Recently a user has experience a problem where the scroll bars in the tabs at the bottom of the Contact screen will not scroll, so he is only to get a handful of entries in a users History. He is one of my more active users who actually uses his history quite thoroughly, so he has quite a bit of history built up and is frustrated that he can not see and use it right now.

I've done my normal checks, clearing cache and ensuring that Compatibility view is enabled. I know IE11 isn't officially supported by V17 (and at this point really no browser is at 17.1, as Firefox and Chrome never had 100% compatibility until later), but it seems odd it just suddenly stopped working.

Administrator

Re: Activies/Histories/Notes/etc will not scroll in Contact Detail Tabs

Hi mjmcpe,

Do the scrollbars appear correctly?
Can they be clicked and dragged to scroll the pane?
Can you click on a record (i.e. a history entry) and user the cursor up/down keys to move though the list?
Copper Contributor

The scroll bars do appear, but they can not be clicked and dragged. I do not know about using the arrow keys to try and scroll though the list, but I would imagine this particular user would have tried that.

I assume it is something local to his machine, because I logged onto his account on a different computer and had no issues finding all opportunities.

Administrator

Hi mjmcpe,

That does sound like an environmental issue. Please ask him to ensure IE is set up as per the recommended settings in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38158
Copper Contributor

I have checked all of those. Unfortunately I think this may just be a case of our Act being outdated compared to the rest of our systems. Others users have been having issues as well in the past month, after MS pushed out an .NET update that forced us to uninstall and reinstall Act on the server. Many of them are having similar issues, but this one was different enough I was hoping it was something we could solve.

Administrator

It would be interesting to know if you are able to scroll in those areas when using Chrome.
Copper Contributor

He said he tried it in Firefox and that did seem to fix the scrolling issue.

Administrator

This would suggest that his installation of IE has been configured in some non-standard way, and that this is the cause of the issue.
You could try resetting IE settings, then re-applying the suggested settings for Act! and testing again.