Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activating Licenses on Remote Server

Activating Licenses on Remote Server

Loaded Act Premium 2011 on a remote server...purchased 5 Licenses and now need to activate all licenses on that shared version.  How do I go about that?  Thanks!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Activating Licenses on Remote Server

Hello Deej33,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Having just installed ACT!, you should be prompted to register the program.  If you are not being prompted, go to Help > Register ACT!.  To register a serial number, click the Add option.  This will be done on each computer on which ACT! was installed.

On the server, it is good practice to register all 5 serial numbers (if they are individuals) so that you can create, activate, and test your user names before attempting access from the workstations. 

Greg Martin
Sage

I only have one serial number...where do I get the others?

Your single serial number most likely is for 5 users. Once you register with it, it will show you the number of users available.
Greg Martin
Sage

that must be the problem...it only says one...but I have a paid invoice for 4 more so what do I do next?

You will need to contact the person/company from which the license was purchased. 

If it was through the Sage website, I recommend contacting our Customer Service group for assistance - they can be reached at 877-386-8083. 

If you purchased it from a Sage Sales person and you have their direct contact information, give them a call.  If you do not have their direct information, the general number for Sales is 877-501-4496.

Greg Martin
Sage