Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activate a boolean field if a string field contains a certain value

Copper Contributor

Activate a boolean field if a string field contains a certain value

Thank you for reading this question.  I am new to ACT!, but technically capable (e.g. SQL, C#, etc.)

There are many things I would like to do with ACT! but expect that I need the API to do them.  These things would be easy if I were to export my data to Excel, modify it, and re-import it, but many things will not save to Excel, like pictures and "Relationships."

My first question is, in the Contacts tables:

If (ID/Status=="PRIME CONTACT" or ReferredBy=="PRIME CONTACT) then I'd like to set IsPRIME=True, and erase ID/Status and ReferredBy

ID/Status and ReferredBy are the string fields that ship with ACT and IsPRIME is a checkbox  that I added to the contact usng Design Layout.

I am running Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 4, Windows 7.

TIA

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Activate a boolean field if a string field contains a certain value

Copper Contributor

Thank you.  That should work.

Platinum Elite Contributor

which items like that, I usually feel the man-hours to develop from scratch is far greater than the add-on :-)
Employee

Hello mrobbins,

If you do have an interest in developing these types of solutions yourself, the SDK for Act is free and available here.

If you have any development specific question feel free to drop by the Developer's Lounge

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

Thank you all.

I will likely need the SDK or a developer's help for other projects, but I've been trying Exponenciel's Automatic Field Calculations and it seems well written well thought out, well supported, and inexpensive.  Sage ACT! should consider purchasing Exponenciel and including their product in the standard ACT! package.