Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ActReader.exe unhandled exception

ActReader.exe unhandled exception

Hello All,

I'm working with one of our internal developers to provide additional reporting from an Act! 2009 Premium instance (11.1.183, Hotfix1) for our company.  Both of us have been trying to use the ActReader.exe utility to gain access to the database and have both run into problem executing it.  The current error I have (from the server (Windows 2003 SP2, SQL 2005 Version 9.00.3042.00) is from the Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger and reads "An unhandled exception ('System.Data.SqlClient.Sql.Exception') occurred in ActReader.exe [####].  It appears that maybe a required component is needed to execute the reader, however the admin guide does not state anything need to be installed except Act! itself (and it is).  Am I missing something or is there a problem with the Act! database.

Thank You for all your help!

JJ

Employee

Re: ActReader.exe unhandled exception

Are you able to create other ODBC connections in windows? 

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Re: ActReader.exe unhandled exception

Matthew,

I was never able to compete an ODBC connection to the DB using the ActReader login.  I still have not been able to get the utility to run to reset it.  But I was able us the osql command line and place the SQL instance in single-user mode and reset the password.  It seems to have worked.  I don't think there will be a need to run the utility any more.

Thank You,

JJ