Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act2011 History Tab

Act2011 History Tab

[ Edited ]

I created a database using the option of Save an empty copy of the Database .  Type option in the history tab is showing None and it can't be changed. I am getting an error when adding a history. There are no user recordable history types. Invalid Argument.

How can I change History type to show All ?

Thanks

Abedin

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act2011 History Tab

It's a bug, I'm afraid.  If there isn't a fix out shortly (or there might already be) you'll have to create a full copy of the database and then delete the data.  Contacts and Opportunities are easily to delete multiples at once, but Companies and Groups... not so much.  If there isn't a fix out shortly, I'll post a link here to steeply discounted copies of my Company and Group deleting tools...

Best regards,

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training
Nickel Super Contributor

OK - so here's what I'm going to offer, in a limited quantity, for a short time for anyone that sees this thread and is having the problem.

The workaround for this problem is to create a full copy of the database and then delete everything.

Contacts and Opportunities are easy to delete, but Companies and Groups have to be done one at a time.

I have two tools that allows you to delete entire Group or Company lookups at once.  They're $49.99 each, but if you enter the discount codes below I'll give them to you for about $10 a piece.

You'll find them here:

http://www.heroaddons.com/act-software-categories/act-data-cleanup

Discount codes will give you $40 off each one and are:

EMPTYCOMPANY

EMPTYGROUP

Hope that helps,

Len

Len Kamerman

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training
Platinum Elite Contributor

Try using ACTDIAG and do a schema rebuild, that may resolve the problem.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

Any progress on this issue yet?
Copper Super Contributor

While the problem continues to exist when creating a database copy (full or empty) it appears that there is no problem when creating a new database in same environment.

The problem is then recreate the missing fields from any of the tailored solution layouts.

Hit and miss trying to Import and Merge  from the old database - but will handle the Import of Data exported from the old database to Excel CSV.

Still trying for simple solution.

I  have the same issue - spent hours setting up fields  and layouts then did a fair bit of testing . then backed up and restored the empty database to my work pc.  Did some more testing with activities and noticed the history problem. I only have 20 or so  records so did the copy, deleted the companies , opportunities, contacts & groups  bu tthe history stil doesnt work. have I   missed something ? it looks like I may have to start again from scratch which wil take time - I was hoping to go live on monday !

thanks

Copper Contributor

Another nasty  ACT! bug with no response from the programmers to date?

Best Regards,

Chuck
Platinum Elite Contributor

Chuck,

The issues with the save empty copy function were resolved in ACT! 2011 SP1 Hot Fix 1. Please go to Help > About ACT! and verify your version.

If you have not applied SP1, please see KB Article 27290

If you applied SP1, but not Hot Fix 1, please see KB Article 27440

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Greg,

Thanks - I'll pass that along to the client, they just had the issue pop up this morning

Best Regards,

Chuck