Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act11 'Framework' problem (Windows Update)

Copper Contributor

Act11 'Framework' problem (Windows Update)

I've just upgraded our French office from 9.0 to 11.0, it went as well as it could do. Then the server (2003 Std) decided to install the pending Windows Updates which included .Net FW 2.0 SP1 and .Net FW 3.0 SP1

Having rebooted after applying the updates, the newly converted db no longer works, instead, I'm greeted with an error mentioning 'Framework'

I don't speak French so cannot give an exact translation, but I'm presuming it's related to these recent updates.

As such I have uninstalled 2.0 SP1 and 3.0 SP1 and will tomorrow be reinstalling 2.0 from the CD (11 Premium)

Should this cure it? or am I looking at a bigger problem?

The Act11Demo db works fine...

Copper Contributor

Re: Act11 'Framework' problem (Windows Update)

'Tentative d'accés au Framework sans connexion préalable a une base de données. Commencez par vous connecter a une base de données.'

'Attempt to access the login Framework without a database. First, you connect to a database.'

What Framework is it talking about?

Nickel Elite Contributor

A couple of things here.

1) You indicate that the demo database opens fine, so ACT! is working as expected in this case, true?

2) When do you receive this message, as the text returned here doesn't explicitly mention ACT!, only Framework, so this could be something specific to Microsoft .NET.

3) Since you upgraded your French office, don't you have someone there that can provide you a translation of this message?

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

All the problems happened on a Local Admin account, I tried with a Domain Admin account and it works fine. So...

I deleted the local user and created another, to test, and again I get the same problem.

I created a domain user, and again, the same problem.

I tried with another Domain Admin, and again the same problem.

The only user account that works, is the initial Domain Admin.

The error message translates as below:

'Attempt to access the login Framework without a database. First, you connect to a database.'

As though you need to open a database before you can see the 'Act framework'...

Reinstalling .NET didn't work, nor did reinstalling Act.

Something somewhere has gone kaput. But luckily we have it running on the domain admin logon. By no means a solution, but it's saved me from having to nuke and reinstall the server.