Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! will now verify the database

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act! will now verify the database

I got Act! V19.2 PRO - after upgrading from my previous version...  when I open my database it stays in...  Working

Thanks for your ideas and help...

1.png

2.png

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author juancarlosoterogarcia
‎10-26-2017 07:15 AM
Administrator

Re: Act! will now verify the database

It sounds like the log file was corrupted, which left the ADF file in state with unclosed transactions.

The bad news about this, is that there is a possibility of some data loss - however it should be possible to forcibly close off the open transactions, generate a new log file and then reattach the database in Act!

We do have a script that should help - however I must stress that this is a last resort and it's not something we would officially support as it can result in partial or even total data-loss, depending on the extent of the data corruption. We'd only normally go down this route if there are no available backups.

I can send you the file and instructions via private message if you want to go down this route - but likely the best option here is to restore from a recent backup.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

The message is normal when going from one version to another.
Act! is asking SQL to  update its tables for new fields, data, and such.
Depending on size could take an hour.

Nickel Super Contributor

With the difference it can take a whole day and Act! does not achieve it

Is there another method to open the database and repair it with ACTDIAG?

Thanks

Juan Carlos Otero
Nickel Super Contributor

I tried to add the database to the ACTDIAG (Normal Attach), but it did not work for me

1.jpg

Juan Carlos Otero
Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also tried to add it with the ACTDIAG (Missing Log File) but it did not work for me...

2.jpg

Juan Carlos Otero
Solution
Accepted by topic author juancarlosoterogarcia
‎10-26-2017 07:15 AM
Administrator

It sounds like the log file was corrupted, which left the ADF file in state with unclosed transactions.

The bad news about this, is that there is a possibility of some data loss - however it should be possible to forcibly close off the open transactions, generate a new log file and then reattach the database in Act!

We do have a script that should help - however I must stress that this is a last resort and it's not something we would officially support as it can result in partial or even total data-loss, depending on the extent of the data corruption. We'd only normally go down this route if there are no available backups.

I can send you the file and instructions via private message if you want to go down this route - but likely the best option here is to restore from a recent backup.

Nickel Super Contributor

the backup is quite old, unfortunately people remember the backup the day the database is corrupted.

Anyway I would like to try to close the open transactions and try to recover the database (although there is information loss) it is finally almost the same as restoring a backup from six months back.

Thank you

Juan Carlos Otero
Administrator

I'll send you a private message with the details.