Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! web is logging off when trying to view opportunity info

Tuned Listener

Act! web is logging off when trying to view opportunity info

Dear community,
When trying to access the Opportunity Info tab of a opportunity, the web interface is logging me out. In the error log, a message similar to the following appears:

SOURCE: mscorlib
MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
FORM: 
QUERYSTRING: Status=Open
TARGETSITE: System.Object get_Item(Int32)
STACKTRACE: at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
  at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
  at Act.Web.Opps.OpportunityInfoTab.LoadRecordManagers()
  at Act.Web.Opps.OpportunityInfoTab.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
  at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
REFERER: http://dg-vs128/APFW/opps/opportunityDetail.aspx?id=1cfeff56-96a3-4873-891f-a79ecce8eca2

When accessing the same opportinuty info from within the Act! application, everything works. The error also seems to be related to the user, since I can access the opportunity info when logging into the web interface with another account.

Is there a solution to this behavior?

Machine configuration:
Act! Premium for Web Version 11.1.196.0
installed on a Windows Server 2003R2

Re: Act! web is logging off when trying to view opportunity info

Did you upgrade from 11.0?  If you did, did you start having the issue since upgrading to 11.1?  Attach the demo database to see if you get the same issue.
Tuned Listener

Dear Mr. Lunceford,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I did an upgrade from 11.0, but I cannot tell if this problem existed before 11.1, since we upgraded our installation shortly after installing 11.0 (our initial database was converted from version 8).

However, I attached the demo database (and was asked to convert it to sp1), added it to the web server, logged in as "Chris Hoffman" and tried to view the opportunity info tab. I am still getting logged out with a similar error message as described.

I will try and setup a new server and check if the opportunity info tab works with 11.0.

Regards,

Bernhard Thielen

Tuned Listener

Ok, seems that I can provide more details now: It seeems that this issue is somehow connected to the SP1 upgrade.

That's what I did: 

- Clean install of Windows Server 2003 R2
- Installed IIS per Add/Remove programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components -> Application Server -> Details -> ASP.NET (which enables some other options like e.g. IIS)
- Installed Act! Premium for Web 2009 (it installed the .NET Framework 2.0)
- Regional Version: United States
- Remaining options all in their default values

- Started Act and published Demo database to web

When trying to access the opportunity info tab on the web interface everything worked fine. However, after upgrading Act through Help -> Act! Update the explained error appears again.

My question would be, if there is anybody who can provide some fix to this issue. Thanks in advance!

I cannot reproduce in my environments.  Try reinstalling using the full 11.1 install.  I sent you a PM with the link.
Copper Contributor

David,

We are experiencing the same exact issues with the web version. We have currently had to resort to installing the software version on every machine which somewhat defeats the purpose of the "web" version and doesn't do a thing for our outside teams.

The environment we uncovered it in is any database that has been upgraded. Creating a new database eliminates the problem, but causes others since we have a fairly robust current db.

Could you PM me with the 11.1 full install link as well?

Thanks

Michael

Thank you for the additional information.  I will try to reproduce again with an upgraded database.

I have sent you the link via PM.

Thanks,

I was experincing this same issue, and I think I discovered something that may help to narrow it down to a reproducable problem.  It appears to be in some way linked to the user's contact name.  I had a user named "Susan Rice" who was having the problem, and if I change her contact name to "S Rice" the problem goes away.  Morover, if I rename another user's contact to "Susan Rice" they begin having the problem.  The problem also seems to occur if I create a new account called "Test User", but in that case it still happens if I rename it to "T User" or "User" or even "Test".  However, renaming it to "Aaa" makes the problem go away again.

So, while I can't find any sort of logical pattern as to which names cause the problem and which don't, the problem definitely seems to be linked to the contact name in some way.  Hopefully that knowledge will help to reproduce and fix it.

- Bill

Well, it appears that changing the user's contact name only fixes the problem temporarily.  After using it for a while or logging off and on a few times the problem returns, and then if you play around with changing the contact name again you can find some combination that works for a while longer.
Copper Contributor

Anybody have a solution for this problem?

Finding out now that even trying to "CLOSE" an opportunities logs user out as well. This essentially makes the product USELESS to us!