Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act v23 any issues before we decide to upgrade from v22 ?

Copper Super Contributor

Act v23 any issues before we decide to upgrade from v22 ?

Has anyone experienced any major issues or bugs with Act v23 - we usually wait to deploy an update to see if bugs are found and any patches/hot fixes released - is it stable now? Any outstanding issues? Thanks Andy Kent
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Act v23 any issues before we decide to upgrade from v22 ?

Have a close look at the new Word-Addin that comes with v23. Not very useful up to now & the "old way" (worked fine for many years) is completely gone.
The only improvement compared with v22 I can see ist that the Email attach problem producing "Call attempted" histories seems to be fixed.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Nickel Elite Contributor

I would agree that the previous integration with Word worked fine. However, the only new step I see with the v23 addin is that you have to select the Contact from the "Address Book" before it can attach to the Contact record. I saw an email from someone at Act! explaining why it is this way and although I (and our clients don't like change) it does work - which is a BIG thing!!

The other fix in v23 from v22 is in the Details section of Notes, History (etc) and the ability to scroll and see the whole detail by opening the message box. Although it should never have been broken in v22 I and many of my clients are very happy it is fixed.

Dan Pisano
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Dapian Group, LLC
Copper Contributor

2 weeks of using V23 and no issues...knock on wood!!  Works great with Office 365.  I recently upgraded from Premium V21 update 4. I skipped V22 due to comments in this forum

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Upgrade to Act! Version 23.0.156.0, Update 4 went very smooth

Copper Contributor

I had issues with v23 Update 4 and reinstalled v22.1 Update 4. Chronicled here...  https://community.act.com/t5/Act/Upgrade-to-V23-Not-going-smoothly/td-p/375287