Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act v21 update 5 freezing up/Not Responding

Act v21 update 5 freezing up/Not Responding

I have similar issues with Act v21 when adding a new contact and even setting to dos. (I do not use Outlook. I use another mail platform outside of Act.) The timing wheel spins, Act “not responding” happens, the “exit” X is red when I try to click to finish the job. Also, I notice if I click a second time or even any other button, the whole Act window “greys” out. After a time it finally starts working again. This appears somewhat random and is extremely frustrating and time consuming. I have the latest update 5 and have gotten no real help from Act tech support yet. I suspect it is a bug that is not fully understood by Act and is being studied. What exactly did you do to solve your problem? Please advise. Gratefully! Rod

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act v21 update 5 freezing up/Not Responding

Happening here too. 

I'm willing to troubleshoot any ideas that might be flying around.

Copper Contributor

For what it's worth, I have the same problem with update 4. 

Where can you find info on what update 5 includes?  I have been unable to find any info past update 4 in Knowledgebase.

Nickel Elite Contributor

I suggest that when the problem passes, look at the event viewer

Video...  How to Use the Windows Event Viewer  CLICK HERE

1.png

Good luck and do not forget to periodically make backup copies of your database - and I suggest placing a copy of that ZIP file on a USB drive or external disk for more security

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Copper Contributor

As I mentioned to Rod, I was running a fresh install of v21 Update 5 when my ACT! was freezing up after selecting a different Record Manager for an Opportunity, and tech support suggested that I run http://CDN.updates.swiftpage.act.com/updates/21.0/act2100update5.exe, which is a stand-alone update file (97 MB) for Update 5. Our entire company had this issue, and running the update file corrected it.  Good luck!

I searched for that too, and even downloaded it. The Tech had no clue. He said he would send me an article about editing preferences but never did. He saw it remotely, in fact he watched me trigger it real time and he was no help. If I can resolve it w/o Act then that is fine. Actually today it only happened once. I had restarted the program though. I think they are just becoming aware of it.

Good suggestion. Thanks.

I appreciate that. I did dounload it but will have to run it. Ironically, since a restart it hasn’t happened but once. We’ll see. Thanks.

mgagnon- if you don’t mind me asking, what does the update actually do in terms of a resolutiion? What causes the problem and what does the update do to fix the problem? Thank you.

Copper Contributor

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to that. All I can assume is there was something in the smaller update file that corrected something in the full 1.1 GB v21 Update 5 file.