Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act v19 outlook 17 constant sync fails

Administrator

Re: Act v19 outlook 17 constant sync fails

Thanks. This isn't the error message I was expecting to see, but it's still useful to know.
What information is displayed in the next event up around the same time?

It may be necessary to reinstall Act! for the workaround to take effect.

I cant seem to copy and paste the text, have taken two screen shots again which covers everything from that event I hope.

Administrator

Thanks Fluidic,

I think some further troubleshooting is needed:

• Does the error occur in any other databases? i.e. the demo db?
  • Please try creating a new local Outlook Profile and testing sync.
  • Does the error occur on any other Windows profiles on the same machine?

Hi, I don't know how to create another Outlook profile, to be honest I think that is possibly opening another can of worms.

I am not IT Gary, appreciate your help, but I think we need someone from Act to take charge of my PC maybe and interrogate.  I could spend all week going back and forth and I really don't have time.

For info, since I don't have the ability to create another outlook account, what I did do (just a minute ago) was synchronise my remote DB to the main DB and then try to synchronise Outlook with the main DB.  If this worked it would have got me by at least, but same error message unfortunately.

Is there a way I can have this resolved without spending a lot of time doing the work?  (We pay a very significant maintenance fee for Act to do this).

Thanks for your help to date though

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Of course. You can call us on 0845 268 0220 and speak to our support technicians who can help you more directly.

It would be worth sending them a link to this thread so they can familiarise themselves with the issue and see the troubleshooting steps already completed.