Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act v19 outlook 17 constant sync fails

Act v19 outlook 17 constant sync fails

Remote Database, Act! Premium Version 19.0.147.0, Update 4 (and Ive ran the repair and maintenance tool to check).

Office (365) version 1703 (build 7967.2139)

Windows 10 64 bit

Constant failures when integrating outlook and act (this has not just been since updating to Act Premium recently but also with previous Act Pro version).

Some screenshots attached to explain.  Note particular pics 3 and 4.  This is from checking the Sync history - something strange here.  It wont let me change the date with the drop down, when I try to type the date in it fails as shown in 4.

Sometimes works (maybe 1 in 10).  Some other times it says its worked but doesn't seem to actually do anything (ie calendar in Outlook not updated).

Please help, very frustrating, working away and cant feasibly keep calling your helpdesk.

Administrator

Re: Act v19 outlook 17 constant sync fails

Hi Fluidic,

These errors are due to a known issue with Office 365. Please see the following Knowledgebase article for more info, and a solution:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580

Hi Gary thanks for your reply

I've followed this, although the solution seems to lead me through couple of links until I eventally come to

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3185078/how-to-switch-from-deferred-channel-to-current-chan...

Ive ran the download, then tried to sync.  No change, still problems.

Did you note my enquiry is Outlook 17 not 16?  Is that related?

Administrator

Hi Fluidic,

I am not aware of Outlook 17. Are you sure this is what you're using? Check in Outlook > File > Office Account > About Outlook.

In regards to the Knowledgebase article, the solution goal is to get Outlook downgraded to a version which is unaffected by the issue. Check the solutions specific to the version (retail or 365) of Outlook that you have, and follow the steps exactly to get Outlook to one of these working versions.

Hi Gary thanks for your quick reply

My mistake, it is version 2016 MSO (16.0.7927.1020) 32-bit.  I was looking in the wrong bit.

I'm disappointed in Act, we pay a lot of money in support fees, yet the official answer is to roll back software. 

Outlook surely has got to be one of the main software platforms that Act is designed to integrate with.  This is not even a recent fault, Ive been having issues for months.  Do you know if this known issue is being dealt with and when a solution is likely?  I do not wish to roll back Outlook to an old version (which no doubt would have other knock on side effects).

Thanks,

Administrator

Hi Fluidic,

I understand your disappointment, but in this particular case, it is Microsoft themselves recommending the rollback. Please see their acknowledgement of this issue which is affecting other software, and not just Act!, in their support article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3178906/icloud-crashes-when-synchronizing-data-with-outlook...

Microsoft have indicated that there will be a fix included in a future update of Outlook, which will remove the requirement to run an older version.

There are also plans for the Outlook integration components of Act! to be updated to improve reliability.

OK Gary thanks again for your quick reply.

Ive sent this over to our IT team for their input.

Steven

Hi, our IT have now rolled back outlook to version 16.0.6868.2067 (as attached screenshot).

I am still unable to synchronise.  Please see attached error.

Any help very much appreciated, I have not synchronised in a while now and its becoming increasingly frustrating.

Thanks,

Administrator

Hi Fluidic,
Unfortunately, this error message doesn't contain much helpful info for us to troubleshoot. Please could you check what's displayed in Windows Event Viewer, under Windows Logs > Application? Look for any errors that occur around the same time the error in the screenshot occurs.

Hi, this is exact time, hopefully the attached is what you are looking for?...