Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act v19 Premium Sync

Act v19 Premium Sync

Does anyone know if you can use Network Synchronisation in conjunction with Internet Synchronisation or is it one or the other

I have an issue=e with a VPN being too slow to Sync. Some users can others cannot was hoping to run both or Internet to get a big sync through and then revert back to VPN and internal sync

Thank you in advance

Administrator

Re: Act v19 Premium Sync

You can't run them both at the same time, but you can switch between one or another relatively easily. Putting into network sync mode to pull through a large sync and then switching back to internet should work just fine, provided the connection info is correct.

Just go into Tools > Synchronize Database > Synchronization Panel > Manage Connection Info...

Thanks for this. I take it that I do not need to re create the remote databases to do this? Cheers Mark

Administrator

No, but I would recommend backing them up - just in case.

Thanks again for your help. I have now got the internet sync service up and running but I am still getting synchronisation has failed due to timeout. I have run the SQL_Express fix both on the server and the remote databases that sorts out duplicate rows. I am really stuck now and got 11 remote databases all over the country with this issue. Could you point me in any other directions please. Much appreciated

I have got this error from the sync log on the main server. I have put this in the Knowledgebase but no answer is there

: Server initialization failed. Agent Facade failed to initialize data. Thread was being aborted.
   at Act.Framework.Synchronization.DB.SyncDataAssembler.ExecuteCommandWithDeadlockProtection(CommandProcessor proc, Command command, Int32 maxRetryTimes, Int32 waitTimeInSeconds)
   at Act.Framework.Synchronization.Agents.SyncAgentFacade.Init(Boolean isReplay)

I hope this this helps regards Mark

Administrator

We do have a KB for a similar issue -
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14216

I'd recommend trying the steps detailed there, which version of Act! are you using? You'll find the version number in Help > About Act!

19.2 Premium + Web