Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act v18 - Help! problem with creating company report under current lookup

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act v18 - Help! problem with creating company report under current lookup

I am using Window 8.  Just upgraded to Act! Premium Version 18.1.103.0.  After upgrading, when I run a company report under "current lookup", nothing will show up in the report.  I can only create a report under "current company."

And when I run a report of all companies, only 77 out of 7488 companies will show in the report.  Any idea of what is going on and how to fix that?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author elau98
‎06-27-2016 11:50 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Act v18 - Help! problem with creating company report under current lookup

Hi

In Companies go to Edit Replace and select record manager, now chose who you want to change it to. It will warn it is going to change them all and say yes.

Garry, this error seems to be in both Companies and Groups, is it a listed defect?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

You didn't specify but I'm amusing you're running the Company Comprehensive report and it's likely that most of the companies don't have any information to print in the cub-reports so those companies aren't included in the report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Elite Contributor

I also had a problem where it was not finding all the records to report on as although I had set the report to all Users it was missing one off which most records were tagged with. The reports ran in V16 but not in V18.

Our solution was to change all record manages in the company to one that it was reporting on. Not a fix but a work around and no good if record manager is important to you.Not sure if this is a reported error or if fixed in and Hotfix or SP1.

Nickel Super Contributor

To expand on Roy's comment, I have experienced (haven't checked with current versions) in the past, that id you create notes or histories on the company record, 

it is possible that there is no association with a contact, which can affect what shows up in reports.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Bronze Elite Contributor

I took it from the original post that the report was working before and now is not in V18. Can you confirm if this is correct please?

yes correct.

I think what I am experiencing is close to what ch1p had in the past.  It is the user filter of the report and it has to do with the record manager.  How do I change the record manager of 70+ records all at once? 

Solution
Accepted by topic author elau98
‎06-27-2016 11:50 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi

In Companies go to Edit Replace and select record manager, now chose who you want to change it to. It will warn it is going to change them all and say yes.

Garry, this error seems to be in both Companies and Groups, is it a listed defect?

Administrator

ch1p wrote:

Hi Ch1p,

Regarding the missing user, not as such. We'd certainly need to do some more hands-on troubleshooting to learn more about this issue before logging as a defect. If you are able to replicate the issue on demand, it would be very useful to give us a call and query this with a technician, where they'd be able to see it in action.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Gary

Abroad at the moment but when I get back next week will ask for clients consent and than invite tech team to have a look.