Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act v17 Web Hosted Cannot Sync

Copper Contributor

Act v17 Web Hosted Cannot Sync

We have web hoted act, hosted by swiftpage directly, and they required us to update to V17 over the weekend.  We upgraded all clients on Monday and none of the clients are able to sync.  We were with tech support for an hour and half and they finally elevated our ticket to a higher level tech support and said that this is a company wide issue and there is no known fix.  We called today (thursday, 4 days later) and was told that they are marking our ticket critical.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Any ideas or updates?  Very disruptive to our business to not have syncing info for almost a week now.  Using the web client really isn't an option because it is so crippling slow.

Act! Premium Version 17.0.151.0 Hot Fix 1 (fully updated)

Windows 8.1 Fully updated

Error Message: Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description: Setuser failed because of one of the following reasons: the database principal 'dbo' does not exist, its corresponding server principal does not have server access, this type of database principal cannot be impersonated, or you do not have permission.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act v17 Web Hosted Cannot Sync

It sounds like a SQL security related message.

RE: The lack of support from swiftpage on this, I guess this is one of those times where its probably better off to have your act hosted with a ACT Hosting Provider, as they bring experience and are responsive because a lot time you can talk to the people who have been doing this a lot longer and know the ins and outs.  

FWIW I have migrated hundreds of production ACT! database from two different datacenter on two difference occasions with minimal downtime. Its possible, with experience.

Jeremy Wesley

Jeremy Wesley
MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCSD, ACC, APT, A++
www.act.expert
Have you seen eXact Contacts? iPhone & iPad App that syncs directly with your Act! Database.
Copper Contributor

Re: Act v17 Web Hosted Cannot Sync

PM Sent