Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act using secondary contacts

Act using secondary contacts

Does any one know if it is possible to include secondary contacts in mass e-mails?   I have not found a good way to access secondary contact information other than going into a main page of a contact.  Is it possible to print a report showing all secondary contacts and e-mails?

Also,  I use an HP iPAQ hand held.  I can down load my contacts but not the secondary contacts.  Is that possible?  Right now I just right secondary contact info in the notes section and it will transfer the notes to my hand held.  Works but it is a lot of extra work.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act using secondary contacts

No, neither are options.

Secorndary Contacts are for people that you don't deal with directly, but need to know their details in case the Primary contact isn't there.

there was talk about Merge Master adding the ability to CC Secondary contacts when emailing the main contact, but I don't know if this was done. I also heard that Handheld Contact has Secondary contact support for Blackberry and Windows Mobile phones on the feature request list, but not their yet

Maybe make them Primary contacts and put them together in Companies?

Thanks for you help.  I didn't think there was a way to do it.  I have way too many secondary contacts to make them all primary contacts in groups.  

I guess I will have to go to an alternative for mass e-mailing my secondary contacts.  Act is okay but it does lack a few things.

this can not be done
Platinum Elite Contributor

You might try the MergeMaster guys... I know they were looking at adding this - they actually did this for ACT! 5/6

They already have the ability to include Company fields in a merge which nothing else does.

There may also be an add-on to make Secordary Contact primary for a lookup and add them to a company... it's certainly possible to do.

Re: Printing Secondary Contact info for mailings

Is there a way to print these as labels? Most of the time you have multiple contacts at one location - will this please be seriously considered?! Thanks!!!