Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act to Outlook Integration - slow

Copper Contributor

Act to Outlook Integration - slow

We just upgraded to Act v.18.2.2.53.0 Update 4.  We are using windows 7 and Office 2010. I want to send Act Contacts to Outlook, so people can see the Act contacts on their iphones.  

I do not want to create any history or track anything in Act.  I do not want anyone to be able to create Act contacts using the Outlook add in.  I don't want anyone to have the ability to attach or quick attach any Outlook item or email to anything in Act.

I have set up the Outlook Synchronization preferences for one way Sync Act to Outlook, but it seems to take a very long time on my computer and I am getting a synchronization failed error message on one of the other workstations I want to synchronize contacts on..

Any recommendations for how to get this working on the failure computer and working faster for anyone who needs to sync?

Administrator

Re: Act to Outlook Integration - slow

Hi chargreaves,

The initial Outlook sync will take longer than usual, but after this point, subsequent syncs should be quicker. The time it takes to complete will depend on the amount of Contact records you have in your database. How long does a sync take on your computer? Has an initial sync completed?

How do your other computers connect to the main database? Do you share your database over the network, or are you using remote databases?

On the computer experiencing the synchronization failed error message, is there any description in the error message to what the cause was?

How quickly did the error occur? Was it very shortly after the sync began, or some time into the syncing process?

We have a Knowledgebase article that covers the general troubleshooting steps for sync errors. I'd suggest running though them and testing along the way. http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27456

Copper Contributor

The failure message happens almost immediately - the only error message details we see is the one with the red x at the bottom right side of the screen - similar to this from the troubleshooting link you sent.  

You have attempted to synchronize your Act! database with Outlook and receive an error similar to this:

Administrator

In that case, please try working though the solutions in the article I posted.