Act stops attaching emails to contacts

Copper Super Contributor

Act stops attaching emails to contacts

Client PC - Windows 10

Outlook 2016 (16.0.4849.1000) 32 Bit

Act version - 20.1 u8

Database located on Windows Server 2016

The add-on randomly stops loading and needs to be turned on manually

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the add-on being disabled.  I've seen it work fine for a week and other times it needs to be switched back on every other day.  What could be causing it to get disabled?  This mostly seems to be happening to our remote users.  When they are out of the office they VPN in then RDP on to their workstations to access Act.  The add--on gets disabled most frequently when they return to the office and log into the workstation locally.  This is happening on multiple databases.

As a test we replaced a few of the users computers which seemed to work for a while but inevitably we received calls from them with the same complaint. 

We have over 350 Act users and it's approaching license renewal time and it looks like this issue might be a deal breaker for them.  Finding a solution will make my life much easier apposed to researching and implementing a replacement.

I've tried calling support and in the end it usually ends up with a scripted reply of "your database must be corrupt."

To add to the issue we are also seeing emails getting attached but showing as blank.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Act stops attaching emails to contacts

Refer to the private message sent to you. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog