Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act remotedata base failed after updating Act!

Act remotedata base failed after updating Act!

We run remote databases for our sales team and recenlty updated the main server to the latest version of the update.  The problem is the sales team was on the road when this happened.  One of the guys brought in his laptop and we have updated his act to the latest version as well.  The issue is once he tried to open up the remote database it asked to update.  After updating things looked good unti lhe tried to sync to the main database were it failed and the message that popped up was the the .rdb already was created.  No he doe snot have the option to sync anymore with this remote database.  I have 4 other laptops coming in over the next few weeks which I dont want to even touch until we figure out the proper method to update the laptops and the remote database. 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act remotedata base failed after updating Act!

In addition to the ACT! program on the two machines, also make sure that sync service(s) have been updated to 11.1 as well. Please see the following Knowledgebase articles on obtainining the latest versions of Network and Internet sync:

How to Obtain the Latest Version of the Network Sync Service for ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0)

How to Obtain the Latest Version of the Internet Sync Service for ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0)

Also, run the following maintenance on the remote database:

- From ACT!, go to Tools/Database Maintenance/Check and Repair...run twice in a row

- Close ACT!, choose Run from Windows Start menu, and type actdiag

- When ACT! Diagnostics opens, go to Database List

- Highlight and right-click on the remote database from the list

- From the menu, choose Database Rebuild - Rebuild Schema

After ensuring the sync services have been updated and performing the above maintenance, try syncing.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Did what you said it did not change anything.  I  do not have the option to sync.  In the sync pannel under manage database I did notice that it says the database status is Disabled now.  Not sure how to re-enable it.

On another note after updating the sync service on the server and on a diffrent laptop the database worked perfectly.  So its just this one that has the issue now.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Unfortunately, if the sync status of the remote is Disabled, then you will need to create a new remote database. If there is unsynced data in the disabled remote, then you can import the data in that remote directly into the main database. You will need to make a backup of that remote and restore it (using the Restore As option) on the same machine hosting the Publisher, then follow the steps in this KB article to import the data:

How To Import Contact Data From an Existing ACT! Database Into Another ACT! Database

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

can the other users that work properly still use the same if they are able to sync and this one use the new?  as to the machine that is hosting the publisher is that the server I presume?