Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act recreates old windows user under "Documents and Settings" when launched

Act recreates old windows user under "Documents and Settings" when launched

We have been using ACT since version 8 upgrading to each new version as it comes out. We are currently using Version 11 w/upgrade. While running version 9 I had to restore my computer due to a fatal HDD crash. This caused me to create a new user. I was cleaning up my system and found that this old user was still in so I got rid of it because the new act and its databases are installed under the new user name. The next time I launched ACT it came back with just the following:

dave\Application Data\Act\ACT for Windows 9\NetLinks\InternetLinks.xml

dave\Application Data\Act\ACT for Windows 9\Spell

dave\My Documnets\ACT\ACT for Windows 9\Databases

dave\My Documents\ACT ACT for Windows 9\Documents

I tried flushing the Version 11 install and started over with what I thought was a clean install but there must be something hanging around the registry but I am not sure what I would be looking for to go in and try to fix it.

Assistance please.

Regards,

Dave Micka

Re: Act recreates old windows user under "Documents and Settings" when launched

Re: Act recreates old windows user under "Documents and Settings" when launched

David,

That worked, mostly. The system still creates C:\Documents and Settings\dave\Application Data\Act\Act For Windows 9\Netlinks but all the folders are empty. I have reset all the preferences to point to the new user locations (ACT For Winows 11) for Databases,Documents, etc and ACT is runnning fine, but this is still popping up after manually deleting it and only when I launch ACT.

-Dave Micka