Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act "Schedule Activity" popping up when accepting a meeting from Outlook (we do NOT use Act Calendar)

Act "Schedule Activity" popping up when accepting a meeting from Outlook (we do NOT use Act Calendar)

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

We have recently started to have a problem with Act in regards to the "Schedule Appointment" box.

We use the Outlook calendar for all meetings etc and don't use the ACT calendar at all.

When a user receives a meeting request in Outlook, they click Accept - as soon as they do, a window pops up labeled "Schedule Activity" pops up with the information in it. The user clicks Cancel and it goes away. The meeting IS confirmed in Outlook so that is a good thing. They are getting annoyed that this keeps popping it up and we can't figure out why it keeps happening.

Out of our 30 users, I've gotten reports from 2 users (they both happen to be on Windows 7 pro) - not sure if its relevent.

UPDATE:
Here are a few more tests that I did.

Closed Act - problem still exists

Closed act.outlook.service - problem still exists

Any suggestions?

We have a 30 user setup. Act 2010 Premium

Outlook is setup using Exchange 2003 (from SBS).

The ACT database is on its own server - Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition

All users are using Office 2003 and either Windows XP Pro SP3 or Windows 7 Pro (32bit)

Trend Micro Worry Free Antivirus

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act "Schedule Activity" popping up when accepting a meeting from Outlook (we do NOT use Act Calendar)

This is a setting in Tools | Preferences | Email | Email setup... Go through the Wizard and you'll be able to set this behaviour

Re: Act "Schedule Activity" popping up when accepting a meeting from Outlook (we do NOT use Act Calendar)

I can't believe I missed this, but I'll admit that I did.

Worked great.

Thanks Mike!!