Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act is unable to connect to the sync server.

Copper Contributor

Act is unable to connect to the sync server.

[ Edited ]

We have been using act for over 10 years.  all computers on on the same version of act.  just today two of the four computers will not synchronize with the main database.  we just keep getting the same error

Act1 is unable to connect to the sync server.  Check to be sure "accept incoming sync" is enabled in the main database and that the Network sync service is running.  Also be sure you are connected to your network.  Contact your administrator for assistance.  

since it is only on two of the computers i figure it must be something on the remote database side.  please help.  

we are using Act! Premium Version 19.2.146.0, Update 3

Re: Act is unable to connect to the sync server.

Hi tgondi,

I have provided an article below which provides troubleshooting steps for this issue. I would recommend running through this article as may provide a resolution!

24341 Error: "ACT! is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure "accept incoming sync" ...

Copper Contributor

Thanks Horn, i tried all of these items with no luck.   what get me, is it works on two computers.

Do you happen to know how long it has been since both last synced? Would it be possible to create a new remote database for one of the PC and test the sync as in some cases remote database can lose their connection to the publisher. a new database will tell us if it is the network or the database itself.

Copper Contributor

We sync once a week.
Bronze Super Contributor

tgondi - Why not schedule to synchronise every few hours in the background?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org