Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act is trying to start data type "none" when adding a picture to a dedicated picture panel

Act is trying to start data type "none" when adding a picture to a dedicated picture panel

[ Edited ]

EDIT: I am using Act v20, this issue doesn't involve any Office program, I am using Windows 10 and there is no pop-up error message.

So I've created a structured layout for my company which also includes picture panels to enter dedicated pictures for contacts

After testing out entering these pictures, everytime I try adding a picture a Win10 popup will tell me that I need to install a new app to

open "none", though eventually act will add the picture to the contact. It is not too big of an issue to me but I can see this getting annoying when adding more and more contacts.

Picture for reference

Bug Ref.png

When defining the Picture Field I also made sure that I haven't set up any .exe to start when entering the Field. This has happened with every Picture Panel I've created in the layers for Contact and Companies.

Administrator

Re: Act is trying to start data type "none" when adding a picture to a dedicated picture panel

Hi ZFB-WEst,

Unfortunately, we are aware of this problem - but we don't have an available fix at the moment. This issue only occurs on Windows 10 machines.

We are tracking the defect, and hope to have a fix released soon. This KB article details the problem, and will be updated when a fix is available:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38980

Thanks for your patience while we fix this issue!

Re: Act is trying to start data type "none" when adding a picture to a dedicated picture panel

Hi JonTaylor,

Thank you for the quick reply, it's reassuring to know that the dev team is working on a fix!

Have a nice day!