Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act for Web v20 Customize the group detail page

Copper Contributor

Act for Web v20 Customize the group detail page

Is there anyway to customize the group detail page HTML file so that I can set the default sort order and column width?

Administrator

Re: Act for Web v20 Customize the group detail page

There's no tools within the Act software that would enable customisation of the actual web pages themselves, but I have seen some custom solutions created by Act! Certified Consultants that had modified the pages themselves.

If you're looking for a customised solution, then our business partner network usually have the skills and tools to deliver this - might be worth reaching out to one in your area.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mike,

Since SP has "improved" the looks for Act for Web which unimproved the functionality of the platform, I need to edit the Groups-Detail View shown below to restore some of what we did have in older versions.  First of all, when I sort the columns, click on a contact to view the details of that specific contact, and then return to the Groups -Detail View, I have to resort the columns.  Previous versions would retain the sort.  Second,  The column widths could be reduced to fit more columns on a single page without the need to scroll right.  The new version has a hardcoded minimum.  The line spacing (height) coded into this view is also ridiculous.  Too hard to review left to right without loosing my place.

As a bonus, something that quit working many versions ago is being able to set up the view below to always retain the sort order last set.  In other words, if I log out and then login later, pull up the Groups-Detail View page, the information would still be sorted per my last input.  For example below, all information would be sorted by Job Number in descending order.

Act-Groups.jpg

I am not sure how much input GL Computing has with SP these days, but I hope folks like you can turn SP around.

Thanks,

Robert