Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! for Web - not displaying on Firefox or Opera

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act! for Web - not displaying on Firefox or Opera

I've been looking at Act! for Web and have used a couple of demo websites that Act! Hosting providers supply for testing the system. The demo data (Chris Huffman etc) works fine within Internet Explorer, yet when I use it in Firefox 3 or Opera 9 all I can see is a blank screen, although if I click on View Page Source I can see the coding. Is there an easy way to get it to work within Firefox/Opera ??

My main reason for doing this is then to see if it will work on Linux (Ubuntu) systems, running Firefox or Opera browsers.

Any help/guidance gratefully accepted.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author DaveCorney2008
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Act! for Web - not displaying on Firefox or Opera

ACT for Web only works with Internet Explorer as it uses an ASP.NET user account for authentication, which is only supported by IE.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author DaveCorney2008
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

ACT for Web only works with Internet Explorer as it uses an ASP.NET user account for authentication, which is only supported by IE.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Platinum Elite Contributor

I believe they are also working on getting a future version to work with the Safari browser for MAC users...

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

I'd also like Firefox added

Thanks for the help; I've posted being able to use Firefox as a suggested feature.

Using  Wine on my Ubuntu computer, I've been able to get IE6 to run, and Act! for Web seems to load OK. However, it does not run at the speed that I'd expect from Firefox.

Platinum Elite Contributor

IE never runs at the speed of FF....

BTW: Does Safari have a Linux version? I know they have a Windows version (which actually runs faster than FF on most sites although sometimes doesn't display them correctly)

No Linux version of Safari as far as I'm aware.

The Windows version should run under Wine if you have the right version of Linux; I'm running Hardy Heron Ubuntu which has been given a poor rating - I can load it, but then the whole system freezes. According to the table other versions fare better.

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=8248

Regards

David Corney