Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act for Web V16 - Security - Displaying Opportunity Records that the Full Windows Client has locked

Skilled Commentator

Act for Web V16 - Security - Displaying Opportunity Records that the Full Windows Client has locked

Hi

I have a new User using our Act system (call them Bob_New

I have not made the the record manager of any records.

I have given them access to 400 Contact records. (via limited access)

They are a standard user.

Using the full  WIndows version of Act - logging in as user Bob_News , then everything is fine:

There are 400 contact records that can be seen

No Opportunities display - which is fine.

BUT

When I login as Bob_New via Act Web, I can see every Opportunity that has ever existed in Act (across 10,000 contact records)

This looks to be some form of 'bug' or design oversite.

If any person can offer a comment over the weekend, it would be much appreciated - This seems to be a big 'hole'

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Act for Web V16 - Security - Displaying Opportunity Records that the Full Windows Client has locked

Can you confirm if this is ACT V16.0 or 16.1

Silver Contributor

Re: Act for Web V16 - Security - Displaying Opportunity Records that the Full Windows Client has locked

My understanding of this "feature" of ACT is that you can see the opportunity name but not open the opportunity.  Same for companies and I believe groups.  you can see the ones you don't have access to, but can open them and see the details.

Again, they have classified this as a feature, not a bug. If I understand what you are seeing, the program is working as designed.

I do agree, it should be changed.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider