Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act for Web Newbie Mac questions

Act for Web Newbie Mac questions

Hi,

We're looking to invest in Act as a number of employees here are familiar with it. The thing is, we run Macs and so as someone partly responsible for IT, I've been tasked with looking into how we could run it!

Can I firstly ask, am I right in thinking that as the Mac users in the office would need to access the system through the web, what we would need to do would be to install Act Premium on a PC to allow this to happen?

And my second question is - would Mac users be able to sync contacts from the system with Outlook through their web browser some how?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Silver Contributor

Re: Act for Web Newbie Mac questions

Hi Dave,

As you, ACT does not work with a MAC OS.   However, there are several options that might work for MAC users.

1) MAC Parallels - this allows a virtual Windows machine to run within the MAC operating system. However, you would need to install a windows based version of Office on that virtual Windows maching to take advantage of Outlook integration.

2) ACT over the the Web (APFW) - using the firefox browser, mac users connect to the ACT database via ACT for web. However, since the MAC version of MS Office is not supported, your outlook integration would not work at all.

3) Using ACT over Citrix - this will allow you to use the full Desktop version of ACT.  You could use the Windows version of Office over the Cittrix interface.  If you utilize Microsoft Exchange, your contacts and contacts would then sync  via exchange from the windows Office to the Mac Office.

Probably not the perfect choice you were looking for , but it may work. Let me know if you have any questions.  If you want to call me. we can go over this with you to make a better decision.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider