Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act for Web 2007 - License count vs Defined users

Act for Web 2007 - License count vs Defined users

Greetings, I am starting to manage an Act for Web 2007 v9.0 installation that was setup prior to my involvement. I am new to the current ACT applications and am still coming up to speed.

The system is licensed for 10 users and all of them are Web based. The database has 10 users defined and my management wants to restructure and add on a teleservice department. What I need to determine is if the licensing is based on number of defined users or number of connected users.

I will have several specific users that will handle maintenance and management of the databases. I will also have 2 or 3 general use users that will be making teleservice calls. At any time there will be less than 10 users connected to the Act service. 

Can I add the extra users to the login database in addition to the existing 10 users without exceeding the licensing? If not can a user login be used from multiple browsers simutaneously?

Any information on this type of configuration is appreciated.

Jonathan Black

IT Consultant

c/o Sycnom Pharmaceuticals

Fairfield, NJ

jon.black@syncomsales.net

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act for Web 2007 - License count vs Defined users

You will need additional licenses to add additional users. The each license if attached to a named user, not connected users.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129