Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act for Palm 3.0 & ACT Premium 2008 v. 10.0.3.182 - Syncing one way, erasing Palm data

Act for Palm 3.0 & ACT Premium 2008 v. 10.0.3.182 - Syncing one way, erasing Palm data

I am a long term Palm and ACT user - formerly, ACT 2007 and ACT for Palm V 2.0 - which never gave me any problems. However, I decided to upgrade both to the versions listed in the subject line.  Now, after an initial successful set-up and two way synch (from Palm entered data to ACT 2008 and vice versa), I went "on the road" with my Palm T|X and entered new contacts and meeting dates.  When I came back to my office 2 weeks later and hot synced (after first checking the Sync Action for the ACT for Palm Configuration Setting was set for "synchronize", all of my Palm entered data was erased and not synchronized.  Subsequent to this experience, I have tried entering test contacts in the Palm to see what is going on, butt the result is always the same, i.e., the synchronization always now erases the Palm data and does not input from the Palm into the ACT database. Can anyone help with this? 
Copper Contributor

Re: Act for Palm 3.0 & ACT Premium 2008 v. 10.0.3.182 - Syncing one way, erasing Palm data

Have you tried the ACT! overrides Handheld option in ACT for Palm 3.0?

After this, it should then set to 2 way - synchronize.