Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act field insert not appearing in MS word

Act field insert not appearing in MS word

I am on a network environment in a large company.  I am on Sage ACT!  Premium 2011, version 13.1.111.0  I am on MS Word 2003.

In my older version of Act!, I had an ACT! Field menu in MS word when I would work on templates.  That menu is no longer present.

In my registry, I do not have a folder for any ACT! add-ons within current_user\.....\MSword.  I dont know if this is the problem or not.  Again, I am on a large network, and not sure if that matters.

Any suggestions?

Re: Act field insert not appearing in MS word

I notice no one has replied with any suggestions to this post so I'd like to add that I am in a similar situation and therefore am very interested in any direction someone can give.

We recently installed ACT! Premium 2011 and we work with MS Word 2003 in a large network environment.

However, the ACT! Field Menu is present on only one of the six computers we installed ACT! on.

We have tried every combination of uninstall and reinstall and countless other fix ideas to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Platinum Super Contributor

Here is an article with the most common causes for the field list/ACT! icons not appearing in Microsoft Word: KB Article 13569

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you, Greg, for your response.

Unfortunately, I had already found that article and we had worked our way through all those options with no success.

Ryande680, I wanted to let you know that we just installed MS 2007 on two of our seven computers this morning to see if that would help and it has. 

The add-ins need to be activated but when they are they stay active (didn't in 2003) and when we open a template from ACT! the field menu pops up with it! Smiley Happy 

I hope this helps!