Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act and Outlook integration

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Act and Outlook integration

Thanks, John.  Problems I'm having are on my remote database.  Server is in-house and on the same network.  The server has also been updated to the latest release.

Highlighted
Administrator

Chris-in-seattle, we believe the root of your problems revolve around failure to load addressbook and we would like to reach out to you to collect logs to figure this out asap.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks, @BrianMowka !  Sent you a pm with my contact info.  Looking forward to hearing from you.  Cheers!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi have carried out the update for integration this morning, but have found none of the changes have actually worked as yet. 

I assume as we are using Cloud based version we have to then wait until our server updates itself? Is this correct will we not notice any of the changes until this is done.  How do we know when the server is going to be updated ours still currently says Act! (Web) Version: 22.1.212.0, Update 1

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Spent some time working with the devs.  Did a remote webex session where they poked through log files and found what seems to be a smoking gun.

Expect another update soon :-)

All that said, I have been able to get Outlook Integration working - albeit somewhat intermittently at first.  To do so t had to first downsize my remote database.  It was over 30k contacts, and my new 'lite' remote db is now around 6.5k.  Another step I took (necessary or not?)  was to remove any 'irregular' email addresses from the email field. That is, those emails containing leading or trailing underscores (I did this on some records to be sure that I would never send an email to an old contact such as former employee of a company).  Looking forward to the update so I can get back to using my full db as I'm already noticing a bunch of contacts I would like to have in there.

Hope this helps anyone else having these same issues.

***  Props to Jared and Joel from the dev team for their most excellent troubleshooting!  ***

Highlighted
Administrator

@chris-in-seattle wrote:

Spent some time working with the devs.  Did a remote webex session where they poked through log files and found what seems to be a smoking gun.

Expect another update soon :-)

All that said, I have been able to get Outlook Integration working - albeit somewhat intermittently at first.  To do so t had to first downsize my remote database.  It was over 30k contacts, and my new 'lite' remote db is now around 6.5k.  Another step I took (necessary or not?)  was to remove any 'irregular' email addresses from the email field. That is, those emails containing leading or trailing underscores (I did this on some records to be sure that I would never send an email to an old contact such as former employee of a company).  Looking forward to the update so I can get back to using my full db as I'm already noticing a bunch of contacts I would like to have in there.

Hope this helps anyone else having these same issues.

***  Props to Jared and Joel from the dev team for their most excellent troubleshooting!  ***

Thanks Chris, we really appreciate your help in assisting us better understanding of problems in the field.  We are truly working on it as fast as we can, I will post when we have an update.  We may even have a test build if you are willing to assist by verifying it addresses your issue(s) before we make build official.

Brian

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Brian, Excellent! I’d be happy to help so just let me know whenever the test build is ready.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Fast forward to present day...

After upgrading to a new laptop (i7 processor and 16 GB RAM) and fresh install of all software, I am once again faced with Outlook Integration issues.

Outlook Integration works... sometimes... and sometimes not.  I really cannot figure out any rhyme or reason as to why it will or will not auto attach incoming or outgoing emails to the contact history record.

This is exhausting like some years-long dream of a high-stress game of whack-a-mole. Except that it's not a dream and it is quite negatively impacting my business flow.

Apologies for the poor hyperbole, but it seems apt given the level of frustration.

Dev team was great in working on this and getting out the last v22 patch (update 3).  Hope they are continuing to identify and correct bugs related to Outlook Integration.  And that we will get another update soon.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Update...

I've been running update 4 for a while now (ACT! Premium Version 22.1.212.0, Update 4).  It seemed for a while that everything has been fine, but...

Since mid-June, ACT has been randomly incorrectly categorizing auto-attached sent emails (on contact history records) as type 'Call' with result set to 'Call Attempted'.

I made a new thread on this topic today at: https://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium/Emails-attached-as-history-type-Call-result-type-Call-Attem...

Would be interested to learn if anyone else has noticed this error.