Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! and GDPR Compliance

Silver Contributor

Re: Act! and GDPR Compliance

I would hope one of the ADD-On Gurus could write something that allows you to go to a record and click delete all attachments before deleting the record - Any takers?

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

This already exists.

It's part of the ACC Pack originally developed by Design R1 and now available from Keystroke  - it' called the Orphan Attachment Identifier

https://www.keystroke.ca/en/category/Product/act-admin-pack.html

Silver Contributor

Thanks Adrian for the info - With GDPR this is much more important than before.

Copper Contributor

I agree, BUT GDPR only applies to data held in a structured filing system. You could argue that unattached attachments do not form part of a structured filing system, and therefore they are out of scope !  A bit of an 'iffy' approach I know :-)

Silver Contributor

Under GDPR the person can request to be forgotten and have all information held removed - this means all including documents in paper or electronic format. Given that most attachments will be identifiable I would expect GDPR to cover these. 

Just looked at the add-on and as it is part of a package rather expensive for an end user. Wonder if they would look again now that the EU has GDPR as a single item add-on.

Copper Contributor

Agreed :-)
Bronze Elite Contributor

I understand that the utility is now offered free from Keystroke. I've used it myself when splitting up a database creating several individuals and needing to then remove the attachments that no longer should be held against the source database. It's a handy utility, but not designed as an integral part of the Act! user interface that users access readily when removing records form a database. 

I think it is firstly an education process (advising on record deletion what doesn't get deleted) and secondly Swiftpage provide the necessary workflow procedure that surfaces in the user interface itself.       

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog