Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! and GDPR Compliance

Copper Contributor

Re: Act! and GDPR Compliance

We have adopted a possibly 'less elegant' solution where we are manually entering the information, using some of the 'User defined fields'

At least we have a record of  who we have on record, and when last contacted them but we don't really use ACT! for mail-shots, we use for sharing data between different offices!!

Administrator

We've recently produced a few documents and articles on using Act! to help your business comply with GDPR.

Check out https://act.com/gdpr for more info
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Another user posted similar guides months ago, I don't think those Act guides actively explain whether or not Act is storing cloud data in the EU or has an EU-U.S. Privacy Shield? I could however just be missing that but it's not made clear if it is there.

Also $200 for an "Opt-in Manager" for eMarketing - really?

"Easily manage your emarketing opt-ins with Opt-In Manager developed by our selected partner Keystroke. Use the discount code GDPR5 to receive 5% off1"

You can ask your Swiftpage account manager where your cloud is? and where backups are being taken etc .. 

Administrator

All of our EU customer's cloud servers are hosted in Belgium, and all of our US customer's cloud servers are hosted in the US.

Backups are taken and stored locally to each region.

Hi Jon, 

Re your post "We've recently produced a few documents and articles on using Act! to help your business comply with GDPR. Check out https://act.com/gdpr for more info "

I am sure that is welcome, but really with less than 10 days to go before the regulation becomes law, and while the regulation was public knowledge for more than 2 years, it does seem a little late !! 

Copper Contributor

Carol,

Please see my earlier posts regarding GDPR compliance of Act!

Unless you are using Act! Premium Cloud making Act! GDPR compliant is wholly down to you to customise the database (or your Act! Consultant - please let us know if you do not have one as we can assist) and your processes.

If you are using Act! Premium Cloud the same applies but you also need a Controller - Processor Agreement with Swiftpage - although I am unclear as to how they are managing this aspect. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

With heightened interest in correct use of data and access to it, is the right for the customer to have personal data erased.

One small but important point is that on deleting a contact record in Act! where data is attached to history(e.g. Outlook emails as .msg files), the attachments remain in the attachment folder even though the contact record has been deleted .The attachments folder is a Windows folder external to the SQL storage. This behavior is distinctly different from what happens on deleting an attachment as an item in the history of the contact, where the attachment is removed from the attachments folder. I would expect that most users would expect consistency and that attachments would be removed in either case. It has been this way for quite a while now and is still the case in Act! version 20.1

Does Swiftpage intend to address this in some way, even a warning to users that alternative processes need to be used to eliminate attachments from the Windows folder, short of Swiftpage building in the necessary function to assist the users?   Please advise. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Nickel Super Contributor

There is another thread dealing with this already:

https://community.act.com/t5/Product-Support-Discussions/Deleting-Contacts-Does-Not-Delete-Attachmen...

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Andreas,

Thanks for the reference, however the link you provided is not accessible to most of the community.
What I believe is important is that the community of Act! user, the vast majority, should be at least aware of how Act! currently treats attachments so that they can make their own decisions. They can choose to ignore it or perhaps request further information from Swiftpage if they consider it important to be resolved. There is no warning within the product to Act! users, that I am aware of, that would let them know of this condition.       

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog