Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act adress book with Act!10.0.3 and Outlook 2007 SP2

db
Copper Contributor

Act adress book with Act!10.0.3 and Outlook 2007 SP2

I have one customer with one strange problem with Act! 10.0.3 and Outlook 2007 SP2 I have always this message : The ACT! Address Book service is not properly configured, or one of the configured databases is locked. Do you want to configure it now? I have checked the KB : 23022 and 13531. I have uninstall and reinstall Act!, but i have always this message. Can you help me ?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act adress book with Act!10.0.3 and Outlook 2007 SP2

If ACT! is installed on a Vista machine, ensure that User Account Control (UAC) is disabled. Instructions are in KB 20220. Also try adding the address book for the demo database (ACT10Demo) and see if the issue occurs. The error simply means that Outlook is enable to connect to the designated ACT! database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

db
Copper Contributor

Many thanks, but our customer has an XP professional.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Remove the address book for your database and try adding the address book for the demo database (ACT10Demo) and see if the error occurs. Make sure that ACT! is open and you are logged into the demo when you do this. The username is chris huffman and there is no password.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.