Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! address book not available in Outlook

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act! address book not available in Outlook

Running Act! Premium 18.2.53.0 Update 6 and Outlook 2016 (16.0.8201.2200) 32-bit

The act! address book is not available in Outlook.  Can setup the address book in Act! no problem.

I have performed all of the steps from this KB http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22776

I have run a quick repair on Outlook and reinstall Act! on the workstation.

image.png

Thanks

Damon

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Damon_T
Tuesday
Administrator

Re: Act! address book not available in Outlook

Hi Damon,

The most likely step in that KB article below in this case is:

Copy the MAPISVC.INF file to the system folder (Outlook 2016 only)

If the above steps did not work, and you are using Outlook 2016, you may be able to resolve the issue by following the steps below:

1. Close Act! and Outlook
  2. Navigate to the following path, depending on your operating system type:

Note: Not all installations will have this folder location. If you do not, skip to the next section of this article

• 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033
    • 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033

3. Open a separate explorer window, then navigate to either C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64, then copy the MAPISVC.INF file from here to the location from step 2
  4. Reopen Act! and Outlook and attempt to configure the address book.

You mentioned you had already run through there KB, however there are a lot of similarly named files and folders, so I'd recommend double-checking that there is a file called MAPISVC.INF in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Damon_T
Tuesday
Administrator

Hi Damon,

The most likely step in that KB article below in this case is:

Copy the MAPISVC.INF file to the system folder (Outlook 2016 only)

If the above steps did not work, and you are using Outlook 2016, you may be able to resolve the issue by following the steps below:

1. Close Act! and Outlook
  2. Navigate to the following path, depending on your operating system type:

Note: Not all installations will have this folder location. If you do not, skip to the next section of this article

• 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033
    • 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033

3. Open a separate explorer window, then navigate to either C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64, then copy the MAPISVC.INF file from here to the location from step 2
  4. Reopen Act! and Outlook and attempt to configure the address book.

You mentioned you had already run through there KB, however there are a lot of similarly named files and folders, so I'd recommend double-checking that there is a file called MAPISVC.INF in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX86\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033

Copper Elite Contributor

There is a KB article available: 22776

At the bottom you'll find a nice batch file that helps to solve the problem more conveniently.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Copper Contributor

Thanks I followed the steps in KB 22776 and still the same issue.  I used the batch file.

cheers

Damon

Bronze Elite Contributor

Here is a different article on add-ins being blocked, just in case this is the problem.

https://help.yesware.com/hc/en-us/articles/229940987-Re-enabling-a-disabled-add-in-for-Outlook-2016-...

Copper Contributor

Integration is working now, I did follow the manual steps outlined by @JonTaylor and that fixed the issue.

Appreciate the input from all.

Thanks

Damon

Administrator

Glad to hear it , thanks for letting us know!