Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act address book entries sync'd with Outlook

Act address book entries sync'd with Outlook

Hello all,

We are using Act! with Outlook integration (Act! 2008 Premium & Outlook 2003).

While the activities sync and email history work fine populating Outlook I would like to know if there is a way to have the Outlook contacts folder populated with the Act! contacts database without having to do a manual import/export.

We have Exchange users who would like to have the Act! contacts database available in their Outlook/Outlook Web Access mailboxes "offline" and would like to have this information automatically updated along with their activities.

Any help appreciated,

Regards,

gp 

Re: Act address book entries sync'd with Outlook

Yes.

Look at:

http://actaddons.com/products/2005/act-to-outlook-pro-2005-edition.asp

Stephen Helsper
ACT! Certified Consultant since 2000
703-282-0939 (mobile)
866-279-1776 (e-fax)
Copper Contributor

Absoulutly you can sync the ACT contacts to your outlook - check the knowledge base for the 'how to'  

I'm looking to be able to sync contacts - not copy them (export) native to Act! (not use a 3rd party add-in).

We've spoken to Act!, they recommend DoubleTake ($100 per user, approx) as the way to sync Act! contacts with Outlook.

Can you please point me to a KB article that will allow this sync to happen regularlly and without an add-in?

Thanks,

go 

Platinum Elite Contributor

The issue with this is that Outlook doesn't support an easy way to do it and track changed/new contacts. There are some add-ons that do this, but nothing in ACT!