Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! Write other document from template automatic titling

Copper Contributor

Act! Write other document from template automatic titling

Hello,

Here's an interesting problem that was mentioned by a customer.

Act! Pro v18.2 Update 1

Windows 10 64-bit

Microsoft Office 2013 32-bit

When creating a document from template within Act!, in previous versions, the document would automatically have the title of the .adt template and have a GUID appended to the end of it. ex:  "Sales Introduction 123456-abcdefgh-7890.docx"

After updating to Office 2013 and using Act v18.2, all new documents written from template are just given the title "Document1.docx".  The user is prompted every time before delivering to save the file to a new location and give the file a name.  I could not find any options to restore the auto-naming and auto-saving functionality.

All 6 other users were still getting the same benefit on Act v18.2, Windows 10, and Office 2010 with the automatic document naming.  So I had the customer uninstall Office 2013, reinstall Office 2010, and this feature is working again.

I'd like to request a ticket if this is something that can be looked into?  Thanks!

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com
Employee

Re: Act! Write other document from template automatic titling

I think in this scenario the Word addin had been repaired with an Office re-install.

When this issue arises it's usually a damaged addin that can only be repaired with re-installing Act! office or both. It is tried and tested and works with Office 2013 & 2016

Copper Contributor

Re: Act! Write other document from template automatic titling

Interesting!  We had performed a "Quick Repair" on Office 2013 from the control panel and it did not help, and then even reinstalled Act! after the quick repair had finished.  It failed in our case.  Perhaps a "full reinstall" of Office would have been necessary.  In any case, removing 2013 and installing 2010 got it working again.

For what it's worth, I've been able to replicate the issue on several other machines running Office 2013.  As far as I can tell I can't actually get the titling to work on even my own machine.

Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com