Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Workflow Automation

Highlighted

Act Workflow Automation

Hi all,

I'm a new(ish) user to Act and investigating the possibility of it being able to automate some workflows in Opportunities. We're using Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 8, with Seamless Opportunities Elite (for quotations). 

The idea is that when a new opportunity is added, there will be a set of questions in one of the tabs, and when certain ones are answered no/yes then a message will appear to say what the next step will be. The next steps will either be more questions, or changing the stage of the opportunity for example. Ideally we'd like a message to appear to say answer these questions before being able to save the opportunity. 

Does Act have this capability? And if not, then is there an add-on that would work? Our only issue with using an add-on is that it would need to be fully secure as we deal with some sensitive information within the company. 

Thank you! 

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act Workflow Automation

Hello Erica and thanks for the question to the ACT Community.

Your question is a good one and possibly there is a 3rd party that would have an automatic solution, but I couldn't find one.

In trying to come up with a simple solution, I worked with the Smart Tasks but couldn't get it to do anything close to what I think you want.

Staying with what is available in ACT the first question I have is how many branches could you have for the first series of Y/N questions?

My approach to solving problems like this is the KISS principle - Keep It Simply Simple. 

Depending on the number of branches and how many Y/N questions you have, I would first suggest adding the questions to the Opportunity detail page.  If a Y takes you a different set of questions, then put those questions in a separate tab and indicate in the Opportunity detail " (If Y, go to Tab XYZ).  I don't believe that full automation is available without a lot of Sql programming. 

If the original set of questions are lengthy, then you might want to use Tab A for that and then refer to Tabs B, C, … Z for the remainder.  In doing this, at least the questions and answers will  remain with the opportunity for future research.  For example, if a question was answered Y, you could look up that field with the Y and Opportunity Status 2 (Won) to see if there is a correlation between the two, and so on.

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.1.212.0 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor