Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Won't Write EMail History After Sending the Email

Act Won't Write EMail History After Sending the Email

Using Act Premium 2013, Outlook 2010, Windows 7  The database is on the server 

I can’t get Act to write a history on the contact’s record when I send an email with Outlook as my email client. In Tools > Preferences, the database is setup as an address book , Microsoft Outlook is set as the email client. The email actually sends  when I click the email address from the database. And when I am in Oulook, I can select an email and attach it to an Act contact. But it won’t write the history when I send from Act.

I found an article that had me check whether Outlook is 32 bit of 64 bit. It’s 32 bit. It also said to repair Outlook and I did that. And check that Outlook is the default mail client. It is.

It also said to make sure the Act.Outlook service is running. It wasn’t. I can double click on it like the article said, but I still don’t see it running. Is this supposed to be running for Act Premium 2013? And what else could be causing the problem?

Thanks guys.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Act Won't Write EMail History After Sending the Email

The ACT.Outlook .service.exe needs to be running for emails to be attached to ACT!, you can check if this is running by opening up task manager and then it should be in the processes.

This article may help you to understand how it works http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19177 

This article goes through trouble shooting when emails are not attaching http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19948

Thanks chrisbunyan,

I'll read through that article today.  When I tried to start the act.outlook service before, it would not start.  Perhaps something mentioned in the article you recommended was not turned on.  I shall see. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

If you have not already done this Right click on the ACT icon and select Run as administrator.

If you have done this turn off Virus checking and firewall  just to see if that resolves the issue. If it does you will need to configure exceptions in your firewall and / or virus software.