Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act Web Remote Access Error

Act Web Remote Access Error

Hello,

I have ACT Premium 2011 for web installed on a computer in my network.  I have been able to access it through remote computers using the IP address followed by /apfw.  Last week, it stopped working and I am now getting this message:

Server Error in '/APFW' Application. Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.  Parser Error Message: Could not create Windows user token from the credentials specified in the config file. Error from the operating system 'Logon failure: the specified account password has expired. ' Source Error: 

Line 75:   <system.web>Line 76:     <httpRuntime executionTimeout="1200" maxRequestLength="102400" />Line 77:     <identity impersonate="true" userName="registry:HKLM\Software\AspNetProcess\ASPNET_SETREG,userName" password="registry:HKLM\Software\AspNetProcess\ASPNET_SETREG,password" />Line 78:     <pages enableViewState="true" enableSessionState="true" theme="ACT" autoEventWireup="false" validateRequest="false" enableEventValidation="false">Line 79:       <controls>

Source File: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web\APFW\web.config    Line: 77 

Copper Contributor

Re: Act Web Remote Access Error

The user created to be impersonator must the Windows  local administrator type

This can result if the impersonation account does not have sufficient Windows rights. The impersonation account must be allowed Full Control rights to the ACT! for Web directory.

good luck

Everyday I learn something new